Senior QA Analyst (Contract)
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst with extensive passion for testing, problem solving and analyzing applications!
Be a key piece of the puzzle in an energetic, creative and passionate team at HeyBryan, where we celebrate our differences, enable you to own your role and encourage you to carve out a career you are proud of. Feel pride in everything you create at HeyBryan, as each individual contribution – no matter the size – helps take us one step closer to our shared goal of reinventing our industry.
HeyBryan is a quickly expanding home maintenance app network that offers a flexible work environment where you can enhance your skills and expand the HeyBryan brand. Our vibrant Gastown office houses an energetic, talented, diverse and inclusive team who mesh together beautifully. Please note at this time, our team is fully remote! But there’s a missing piece, which is where you come in.
Who you are:
- Jeans are probably a staple in your wardrobe
- Passionate about enjoying every aspect of life
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You display integrity and solid morals
- Joy of hustle – you make sh!t happen
- Take pride in knowing your work is making a difference
- Dedicated to making your mark and achieving something great as a team
- Results driven, because results are what push you to do even better
Who we are:
HeyBryan is a tech-enabled platform based out of Vancouver that started as a passion project by friends, who experienced first-hand how difficult it was to find trusted, reliable and easily accessible home maintenance service experts. Their mission was to create a central location where homeowners could go to easily and quickly contact qualified and vetted professionals (experts) to fix their home service needs, including dishwasher repair, home-cleaning service, painting and handy-man services just to name a few. HeyBryan Media Inc. is a publicly-traded company.
What you’ll bring:
You will help provide technical insight for business cases, proposed projects and system requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects in a variety of areas. You will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefits of the business. This is a remote contract role, working on a specific 6-8 week project. Could lead to full-time opportunities in the fall. You’ll be working with our collaborative Vancouver team (PST) to meet aggressive timelines!
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in analytical discussions about product design, software design and technical decisions
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas across the organization
- Plan test cases, perform tests, discuss changes, features, and provide technical insight on product estimates
- Understanding requirements to write and execute tests (manual and automated)
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications
- Monitoring testing progress
- Reporting statuses and logging defects
- Tracking defect fixes
- Partnering with designers, developers and internal teams to provide feedback and support to deliver on common goals
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications
- Collaborating with team members, monitor project progress
- Incorporating schedule and scope changes
- Define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability
- Define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
Knowledge, skills & requirements
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with agile development lifecycles
- Experience testing mobile applications and RESTful APIs mandatory
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (MySQL) and database design
- Has a natural drive to succeed with an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys a certain level of autonomy
- 5+ years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
- 5+ years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (MySQL, Jira required), automated testing tools, and reporting software
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as jenkins
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Team Player!
- Geek at heart, outgoing, friendly and enjoys a good laugh
We can offer you
- Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your skills
- Startup life – relaxed, yet very productive – you’ll need hustle
- Life, work, balance
- Benefits package (for full-time employees only)
- Opportunity for stock options
- Learning organization to foster career development and growth
- Coaching and mentorship with various leaders
- Flexible remote work options
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Opportunity to work with a celebrity brand
Interested in applying for the role? Please send an email to email@example.com