Senior QA Analyst (hired)
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst with extensive passion for testing, problem solving and analyzing applications!
Be a key piece of the puzzle in an energetic, creative and passionate team at HeyBryan, where we celebrate our differences, enable you to own your role and encourage you to carve out a career you are proud of. Feel pride in everything you create at HeyBryan, as each individual contribution – no matter the size – helps take us one step closer to our shared goal of reinventing our industry.
HeyBryan is a quickly expanding home-service app network that offers a flexible work environment where you can enhance your skills and expand the HeyBryan brand. Whether collaborating in the Vancouver office or providing your expertise from your local coffee shop, once in awhile, your unique qualities are what would make you a great asset to the HeyBryan team.
Who you are:
- Jeans are probably a staple in your wardrobe
- Passionate about enjoying every aspect of life
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Own between one and five pairs of Chucks
- Are enthusiastic about making sh!t happen
- Have creative ideas to make that sh!t happen
- Thrive off the hustle to make something amazing
- Take pride in knowing your work is making a difference
- Dedicated to making your mark and achieving something great as a team
- Results driven, because results are what push you to do even better
Who we are:
HeyBryan is a tech-enabled platform based out of Vancouver that started as a passion project by two friends and colleagues, who experienced first-hand how difficult it was to find trusted, reliable and easily accessible home-service experts. Their mission was to create a central location where homeowners could go to easily and quickly contact qualified professionals to fix their dishwasher or provide a home-cleaning service.
What you’ll bring:
As a Sr QA for HeyBryan Media, you will partner with the Development, Creative and Client Success teams to identify, report on, and achieve quality targets for their specialized technologies. The key focus of this role is to develop and establish quality standards and achieve measures for the services within the organization. You will help provide technical insight for business cases, proposed projects and system requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects in a variety of areas. You will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefits of the business. This is a full-time role working in our Vancouver office! Only Vancouver residence will be considered.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in analytical discussions about product design, software design and technical decisions
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas across the organization
- Contributing to the advancement and improvement of the QA team through sharing of best practices, mentoring teammates, streamlining processes and test automation
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration when needed
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards
- Plan test cases, perform tests, discuss changes, features, and provide technical insight on product estimates
- Understanding requirements to write and execute tests (manual and automated)
- Developing process to test pre-release features and verify functionality, content, usability and software compatibility
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications
- Monitoring testing progress
- Reporting statuses and logging defects
- Tracking defect fixes
- Partnering with designers, developers and internal teams to provide feedback and support to deliver on common goals
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications
- Collaborating with team members, monitor project progress
- Incorporating schedule and scope changes
- Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, and extend the automation infrastructure
- Define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability
- Define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
Knowledge, skills & requirements
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with agile development lifecycles
- Experience testing mobile applications and RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (MySQL) and database design
- Has a natural drive to succeed with an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys a certain level of autonomy
- 5+ years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
- 5+ years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (MySQL, Jira required), automated testing tools, and reporting software
- Bonus points having experience using jMeter, postman and jenkins
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Team Player!
- Geek at heart, outgoing, friendly and enjoys a good laugh
Interested in applying for the role? Please send an email to email@example.com