Senior Data Analyst (hired)
We are looking for a tech-savvy, passionate and certified SR Data Analyst to join our growing startup. Working full-time with the HeyBryan team out of our Vancouver office, the successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Be a key piece of the puzzle in an energetic, creative and passionate team at HeyBryan, where we celebrate our differences, enable you to own your role and encourage you to carve out a career you are proud of. Feel pride in everything you create at HeyBryan, as each individual contribution – no matter the size – helps take us one step closer to our shared goal of reinventing our industry.
HeyBryan is a quickly expanding home-service app network that offers a flexible work environment where you can enhance your skills and expand the HeyBryan brand. Collaborating in our Vancouver office located in Gastown, your unique qualities are what would make you a great asset to the HeyBryan team.
Who you are:
- Jeans are probably a staple in your wardrobe
- Passionate about enjoying every aspect of life
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Own between one and five pairs of Chucks
- Are enthusiastic about making sh!t happen
- Have creative ideas to make that sh!t happen
- Thrive off the hustle to make something amazing
- Take pride in knowing your work is making a difference
- Dedicated to making your mark and achieving something great as a team
- Results driven, because results are what push you to do even better
Who we are:
HeyBryan is a tech-enabled platform based out of Vancouver that started as a passion project by two friends and colleagues, who experienced firsthand how difficult it was to find trusted, reliable and easily accessible homeservice experts. Their mission was to create a central location where homeowners could go to easily and quickly contact qualified professionals to fix their dishwasher or provide a home-cleaning service.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design
- Develop analysis and reporting capabilities
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ yrs work experience as a data analyst preferred
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of using Tableau mandatory
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Highly self-motivated and enjoys a certain level of autonomy
- Team player!
Interested in applying for the role? Please send an email to email@example.com